A selection of the project’s publications
A. Marmodoro, Aristotle on Perceiving Objects (OUP, 2014).
A. Marmodoro and D. Yates (eds.), The Metaphysics of Relations, (OUP, 2016)
A. Marmodoro and I.F. Viltanioti (eds), Divine Powers in Late Antiquity, OUP, (2016)
A. Marmodoro and B. Prince (eds.), Causation and Creation in Late Antiquity, (CUP, 2015).
I.F. Viltanioti, - L'harmonie des Sirenes du Pythagorisme Ancien a Platon, (De Gruyter, 2015)
A. Marmodoro, - ‘Potentiality in Aristotle’s Metaphysics’, in K. Engelhard and M. Quante (eds.), The Handbook of Potentiality (Springer, 2016).
-'Structural Powers', in M. Paoletti (ed.), Philosophical and Scientific Perspectives on Downward Causation, Routledge, London, forthcoming in 2016.
-'Aquinas on Forms, Substances and Artifacts' (co-authored with Ben Page), Vivarium, forthcoming in 2016.
- ‘Aristotelian powers at work: reciprocity without symmetry in causation’, in J. Jacobs (ed.), Putting Powers to Work (OUP, 2016).
- ‘Gregory of Nyssa On the Creation of the World’, in A. Marmodoro and I.F. Viltanioti (eds.), Divine Powers in Late Antiquity, (CUP, 2016).
-'Gregory of Nyssa On the Creation of the World' in A. Marmodoro and B. Prince (eds.) Causation and Creation in Late Antiquity, (CUP, 2015).
- ‘Causation without Glue: Aristotle on Causal Powers’, in C. Natali, C. Viano, and M. Zingano (eds.), Les Quatre Causes d'Aristotle. Origins et Interprétations (Peeters Louvain, 2013).
-'The Metaphysics of Extended Mind in ontological entanglements' ,in A. Marmodoro and Jonathan Hill (eds.) The Metaphysics of the Incarnation, (OUP, 2011)
G. Stamatellos, - 'Argument by Analogy in Thales and Anaximenes' in Just Arguments: 100 of the Most Important Arguments in Western Philosophy, (Wiley-Blackwell, 2011)
- 'Plotinus' Angeletics: A Neoplatonic Message Theory' in Messages and Messengers: Angeletics as an Approach to the Phenomenology of Communication, (Munich: Wilhelm Fink Verlag, 2011)
I.F. Viltanioti, - 'Porphyry's Letter to Marcella: A Literary Attack Agains Christian Appropriation of (Neo) Pythagorean Moral Wisdom', Forms and Transformations of Pythagorean Knowledge: Ascesis (2013)
D. Yates, - 'Is powerful Causation an Internal Relation?', The Metaphysics of Relations, (OUP 2016)
J. Pemberton, -'Causation is Processual not Relational'. Forthcoming in Neo-Aristotelian Perspectives on Modern Science, (ed.) by W. Simpson, R. Koons & N. Teh. (OUP).
- 'Individuating Processes'. Forthcoming in Individuation Across Experimental and Theoretical Science, (ed.) by Otavio Bueno, Ruey-Lin Chen, and Melinda B. Fagan. (OUP)
A. Marmodoro, - 'Aquinas on Forms. Substances and Artifacts', (co-authored with B.Page), Vivarium, 54:1. 2016.
-'Dispositional modality vis-a-vis conditional necessity', Philosophical Investigations, 2015.
-'Does the inherence heuristic take us to psychological essentialism?' (co-authored with R.A. Murphy and A.G. Baker), in Behavioral and Brain Sciences, (2014)
-'Peter Abelard's metaphysics of the incarnation' (co-authored with J. Hill), Philosophy and Theology, 22 (2011)
B. Prince, - 'Physical Change in Plato's Timaeus', Apeiron 47:2, 2014.
- 'The Metaphysics of Bodily Health and Disease in Plato's Timaeus', British Journal for the History of Philosophy, 22:5, 2014
- 'How to Individuate the Powers of Knowledge and Opinion in Plato's Republic V', The Journal of Ancient Philosophy 8:2, 2014.
- 'The Form of Soul in the Phaedo', Plato 11, 2012
- ‘The Form of Soul in the Phaedo’, Plato 11 (2011).
G. Stamatellos, - ‘Virtue and Hexis in Plotinus’, in The International Journal of the Platonic Tradition 9:2, 2015.
- 'Eternity in Plotinus', Czech and Slovak Journal of Humanities: Philosophica II, 2013.
- 'Computer Ethics an Neoplatonic virtue: A Reconsideration of Cyber Ethics in the light of Plotinus' Ethical Theory' in International Journal of Cyber Ethics in Education, 1:1, 2011.
D. Yates, - 'Dispositionalism and the Modal Operators', Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 91:2, (2015)
N. Iwata, -'Plato's Hypothetical Inquiry in the Meno', British Journal for the History of Philosophy, forthcoming
J. Pemberton, -'Possibilities from Powers' Forthcoming in 'Real Possibilities, Indeterminism and free will' (ed.) by T. Muller, A. Rumberg and V. Wagner. Synthese (special issue).
Reviews and Discussion Articles:
T. Nawar, - 'Aristotelian Finitism', Synthese, 192:8 (2015)
- 'Augustine on the Varieties of Understanding and Why There is no Learning from Words', Oxford Studies in Medieval Philosophy, 3,1-31 (2015)
- 'Proof, Knowledge, and Scepticism: Essay in Ancient Philosophy III'. Philosophy 90.3 (2015)
- 'The Stoic Account of Apprehension', Philosophers' Imprint, 14:29 (2014)
- Under submission: 'Rotation without change in Plato's Statesman'
- 'Plotin. Traites 51-54. Porphyre: Vie de Plotin', Paris: GF Flammarion, in The Internatinal Journal of the Platonic Tradition 5:1 (2011)
- 'The Notion of That Which Depends on Us in Plotinus and Its Background',Eliasson, E., (2008), Leiden: E.J. Brill, in Ancient Philosophy XXXI (2011)
I.F. Viltanioti, - 'La source de la sagesse: Homere, Solon, Platon, Aristotle et l'orphico-pythagorisme', Le Livre des Egyptes, savoirs et imaginaires, Ed. Laffont (2015)
- 'Les Mysteres ou l'experience de la transformation', Le Livre des Egyptes, savoirs et imaginaires, Ed. Laffont (2015)
- 'The Emergence of Political Theory in Herodotus' "Persian Debate":Ancient Controversies and Modern Repercussions in Otanes' Speach on Isonomia, 80:43 (2015)
- 'Plato on Iron Reduction Technique', Almagest. International Journal for the History of Scientific Ideas 5,1 (2014)
N. Iwata, - 'Plato's Hypothetical Inquiry in the Meno', British Journal for the History of Philosophy, forthcoming.
- 'Clitophon's Challenge: Dialectic in Plato's Meno, Phaedo, and Republic'. Review of Hugh H. Benson accepted by British Journal for the History of Philosophy; (2016)
- 'Plato on Geometrical Hypothesis in the Meno', Apeiron 48:1 (2015)